Create your own Mizuhiki decorations and add an elegant, Japanese touch to any gift wrapping!
Mizuhiki is a thin paper cord made from twisted strips of Washi paper. Once a Washi strip is twisted to the desired thickness and strength, the surface is coated with a special glue to help hold its shape. The strands created are strong and flexible, almost wire-like.
Tying Mizuhiki has a significant meaning to gift-giving. It's a symbol of affection, unity, harmony, and warmth. Mizuhiki is often tied to packages and gifts to express wishes of good luck and fortune. It also brings a sense of connection and the wish to tighten the relationship with others. That's why it's often used as an accessory for gift packages and monetary envelopes. Furthermore, fashion items such as hairpieces, earrings, necklaces, etc. also made this symbol ever-present in Asian-inspired designs.
These strands are produced in Iyo - Ehime prefecture, a renowned place for elite Mizuhiki and Washi producers in Japan.
- Mizuhiki strands in 6 colors - 120 Pieces
- Red - 20 Pieces
- Pink - 20 Pieces
- Green - 20 Pieces
- Yellow - 20 Pieces
- Blue - 20 Pieces
- White - 20 Pieces
- Size: 93cm (36.5 inches)
- Thickness: 1mm (0.04 inches)
- Colors: Various
- Materials: Washi paper, Silk strips
Store in a dry place, away from dust, and avoid contact with liquids. If possible, keep the strands flat, straight in a safe box, envelope, etc., or in between large sheets of paper.
- All products have a flat shipping fee of $10 visible at the checkout.
- Orders are processed within 1 to 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) soon after receiving your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has been shipped.
- If the number of orders to be processed exceeds our capacity, orders will be completed within 4-5 working days.
To read the full Shipping Policy click here.
- We accept returns up to 10 days after you have received the product and only if the item is unused and in its original condition.
- We will refund the full order amount minus the shipping costs for the return.
- In the event that your order arrives damaged in any way, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a photo of the item’s condition. We address these on a case-by-case basis but we will try our best to work towards a satisfactory solution.
To read the full Returns & Refunds Policy click here.